To search for Real Estate in New Tecumseth, please click on map below.
New Tecumseth is a town in south-central Ontario, in the County of Simcoe. While it is not officially a part of the Greater Toronto Area, it is counted, in terms of the census, as being a part of the Toronto Census Metropolitan Area.
The main centers in New Tecumseth are the communities of Alliston, Tottenham, and Beeton. New Tecumseth was created in 1991 through the amalgamation of the township of Tecumseth with these three centers.
According to the 2006 Statistics Canada Census:
- Population: 27,701
- % Change (1996-2001): 14.1
- % Change (2001-2006): 6.0
- Dwellings: 10,315
- Area (km˛): 274.18
- Density (persons per km˛): 101.0
Communities within New Tecumseth include:
- Schomberg Heights
- Rich Hill
- Bond Head (on border with Bradford West Gwillimbury)
- Colgan (on border with Adjala-Tosorontio)
New Tecumseth's rough geographical position relative to its neighbours is Highway 27 runs (almost) between New Tecumseth and Bradford West Gwillimbury, and Highway 9 runs south of New Tecumseth, and north of Caledon and King. East of Alliston, Highway 89 splits New Tecumseth from Essa.
- North: Essa
- West: Adjala-Tosorontio
- East: Innisfil, Bradford / West Gwillimbury
- South: Caledon, King
- Sir Frederick Banting, physician and scientist. He was a co-developer of insulin.
- Sir William Osler, physician and professor of medicine. He has been called 'the Father of Modern Medicine'.
- Jim Rutherford, journeyman NHL goaltender and Stanley-Cup-winning General Manager.
For more information about Real Estate in New Tecumseth, please click here.
To search for Real Estate in New Tecumseth, please click here.